Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Three Peanuts cases in the basement, really!

By taking some goofy test, I learned today that the Peanuts character my personality best represents is Schroeder. (This is important stuff, so you should pay close attention.) What a surprise, huh? I bet all of you who know me are saying, "Yeah? Go figure."

Well, there's more to this story than some silly Internet personality test.

You see, I have three boxes of Peanuts paperback books in my basement. Why? I just happen to have really dug Peanuts when I was a kid. I didn't just like the comics, I liked the books, too. Charles Schultz was one of the first authors I knew by name. The second, of course, was Judy Blume. So, for many years I collected the books, and I still have them. They're a bit yellow from age, and the glue has cracked in the bindings, but the stories are still intact, ready to take you to baseball games, flying doghouse races, and childhood crushes on big-headed bald boys.


The ones I like the most though are the Schroeder/Lucy stories. The tug-of-war between them can be a bit...adult. The coyness, the petty games, the male aloofness, the female bitchiness. Hmmm, now that I think of it, maybe these characters gave me some insight on my up-an-coming male/female relationships. (Is this giving me away some??)

Admittedly, I had a thing for Schroeder. He's smart and focused, with a twinge of spunkiness in him. Even if he doesn't move much, the spunkiness is still there. Maybe it's in his hair. And, the way he pisses off Lucy gives you complete satisfaction. She's hard to like, and watching her get shut down is rewarding, even at a young age.


So, does anyone have some extra shelf space?

Which Peanuts character are you?

3 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said...

This is great! I shall send people your way.
Thanks for stopping in.
Let's stay in touch!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger tanagrame said...

Thanks, Writermom! I'm glad you stopped by. I'll send you some well-deserved traffic.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger stray_thoughts said...

Charlie Brown...I got Charlie Brown. I think I'd rather have a rock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home