Monday, November 14, 2005

Art goes with Rock


Everyone has their list of hideous Rock album covers. This week, Pitchfork's Brent DiCrescenzo gives us his view of the worst album covers ever. And, man, is it worth the read!

Not only does DiCrescenzo remind us of how important artwork is for bands (a fact we may all easily forget in this world of digital exchange), he spices us up with left-over fat from "bands ala carte." His list is brilliant and I enourage you all to take a look-see.

But, I'm not here just to give kudos to Brent DiCrescenzo. I was also nudged to mention this list because the one-and-only Ted Nuggent appears on it. You see, one of my dearest friends happens to be Ted's daughter, and she's had to live through some unworldly grief because of Ted's anti-human negotiations in this fine city we call Detroit. (For the record: those who know me personally can attest to my inhabitions about announcing my knowing Ted Nuggent. I'm a little weird about it. But, this place and time seemed appropriate to bring my understanding of him to light.)

My Review:

Ted. I can see you thinking of this pose while you're squatting your 55-year-old ass in the woods taking a solid shit and hooting about how you still "got it." Guess what? Nobody likes you. You're still attracting Taylorites with goals to "get me a double-wide."

Sure, you moved to Texas, but your new neighbor eats dry bran flakes to feel the 'membrance of a conscience. Hmmm, lack of conscience...sounds a lot like you...with all them wandering offspring waiting to finally meet you an all. I guess they should be lucky to just get a paycheck, huh? How about the ones who didn't take you to court?

Keep it up, Nuge. Them howling's gonna take you down someday.

I'm not bitter. I'm only thinking of my friend. Even my kids know the bastard! What do they say when they hear him on the radio? That's Riley's grandpa! Gawd, even Britney can't compete with that.

Brent's review:

Nuge, dude, look. This isn't a nightmare, or "scream dream," at all. It's a gift from the gods! You can rub one of your guitarhands as a slide against your other guitarhand! Pickups'll pickup pickups in a gnarly buckshot of electro-fried guitarpowder! What for other people is warming hands over a campfire will for you be a wall of doe-killin' badass noise.

3 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said...

I'm so very confused by those...The ass looks like a camel. Am I wrong?

Looks like stuff I would make out of Photoshop. Random non-sensical ideas. Why the hell not? It's art.

So you're one degree from Ted, eh?
:)
Here's one for ya. My hubbie is first cousins with Ruth Riley. If you know her, I will post a picture or two.

Are you gonna do Zilla's Secret Santa??

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Tom is not so tall. No.

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hilarious! But why did I think Ted was from Jackson? Was he ever imprisoned by anything other than his own delusions, like, say, SMSP?

Welcome aboard Secret Santa! Ho ho ho!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home