Monday, January 16, 2006

I'd like to go back to sleep now

Here's an update on my computer drama.

After a trek to Best Buy (yes, I can't believe I betrayed my sacred oath and walked through those doors again), my friendly neighborhood computer geek informed me that I am now the proud owner a large doorstop. Umph, I replied. There must be a better way to show my love and appreciation for this machine--a plastic encased creature that has been the receptacle of my hard work, creative stumblings, and literary triflings.

Then it occured to me. I can use it on the disc golf course. I'll start a new trend. The very first heavy weight class in disc golf. To get others to catch on, I'll wait on the course until a line-up of guys is behind me. Then, I'll start chucking my laptop about 5 feet at a time, over and over again until the guys are completely irritated with me. One of them will step up (the cutest one, of course) and say "look, those cords fit you well, but this is how to toss a laptop through the fairway." Ahhh, I'll yell with glee. My laptop has new purpose--it's now the most challenging frisbie on the course. I'm satisfied. Life is complete. My hard work and creative twaddling on this machine has been transformed to the promotion of fresh air and exercise, and the occassional smoke break.

Eventually, I start marketing the heavy weight disc and become filthy rich. Dope smoking slackers across the world look to me as a Goddess. Indie rockers, hipster writers and the one-and-only Johnny Depp want to hang out with me.

I know you're thinking this "fantasy" is a bit over the top. But, honestly, all of that really happened. Then, I rolled over and hit the cold spot of drool on my pillow and it all disappeared.

I'm slowly working my way back into your virtual lives, so please be patient and don't think I've gotten bored or have severe writer's block.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home