Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Santarchy or just some plain 'ole Bad Santas?

A band of drunken Santas pissed off the side of a bridge Saturday night in Auckland, New Zealand, and soaked passing cars in urine. The Santas then proceeded to rampage through the streets in protest against the commercialization of Christmas. They threw beer bottles, dangled from the moorings of a cruise ship, and vandalized a Christmas Tree (at least they didn't molest the tree).

To celebrate their cause against commercialization, the Santas continued to party down. They visited a convenience store and helped themselves to cases of 40 oz beers. They said Merry Christmas (not that commercialized Happy Holidays) to the store clerk and headed out for more gregarious protestin'.

The police had a difficult time charging many of the Santas with a crime since it was hard to identify who did what--they were all wearing the same outfit.

I'm wondering if the Santas granted any wishes that night.

Drunken Santa, my Christmas wish is to have my braces off before I turn 55. I'd like one of those elves to clean my house and babysit for me. I'd like the rust around my kitchen sink to stop showing up. I'd like that kink in my neck rubbed out every night by a completely wonderful man. No, it can't be you, Drunken Santa. Keep your hands off me. Hey, that beard stinks. Shit, Police!!

A police officer showed up, but Drunken Santa punched him in the face. He said Merry Christmas, threw me a basket of oranges, and ran into the darkness. I heard a bottle cap fall from his pants.

According to Wikipedia, the Santa protests against Christmas commercialization is called "Santarchy." Unlike most organized protests, Santarchy permits its participants to be totally smashed in public. As a Santarchist, you can also destroy public property, burn flags, punch the president, and expose yourself. It's a lot like a fraternity, but with a Christmas theme.

Some local Detroit Santarchy can be seen on Kit Burns Was Framed!

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Seems more like they are celebrating the commercialization of Christmas.
I mean, if they're pissed about Christmas being commercialized, wouldn't it make more sense to go around stripping Santas bare naked? Steal Christmas trees and replace them with mangers?
Am I missing their message? Aren't they really just taking 'When in Rome' to an excessive extreme?
Seriously, I can't get on board with them, because their actions contradict their complaint. They're not fooling me one bit. They're just drinkin' and being bad.
Bad Santas! Bad!
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home