Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Stung by love--a catfish story

Miramax Films reemerges this season with a new smash hit, Stung by Love, starring Tina Yothers and Trebone the Catfish. Based on a true life story, Yothers plays WM Lorrimey, an Indiana teen who becomes smitten with a charming catfish after tossing him a tunafish sandwich in a shallow river bank. The film explores the sodden trenches of forbidden love and exposes the dire resistance of small town traditions.

Yothers gives a performance of a lifetime, perfecting the agonizing struggles of defying a strict rural upbringing. To prepare for the role, Yothers spent several months living side by side with Amazonian catfish--eating, cajoling, and bedding with them to establish the exactness needed for the role.


This is a new direction for Trebone, who has mostly been cast in family films.
Shifting from gaity to a more serious subject was an easy transition for Trebone, as seen by his and Yothers' heated on-screen chemistry. Look for Oscar nominations on this one. I give it 5 stars.

Stung by Love
is not suitable for children due to its violent and steamy nature.

11 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, Blogger Spencer said...

Where can I pick up a copy?

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger alpharat said...

Awesome!

That rocks!

I can't wait until a certain someone stumbles onto this...

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said...

WOW!

(speechless for a few minutes)

Okay...Alpharat. I think we really need to write this story and put it in the hands of the Plastic Taco people.
And...Can we get Benicio Del Toro to do the voice-over for Trebone? I know I said Barry White...but...if my secret affair with a man-sized catfish MUST be shared with the world, I'd like to get some A-list actors in on the project. Talent who won't cheapen the experience, who can really tap into the emotional rapids.

(ZILLA--what would the shwag be for THIS movie??--go ask Pippi)

Abishag...you have so opened up a can of worms on this one!

Jamoker--dust of the camera skills. We're filming this summer!

I gotta go make some calls...

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Jamoker, you are so, so very wrong. You are TOO wading into the muddy waters to film some ugly fish, and you are doing it in the name of art, baby.

A

R

T


Schwag? Hmmm. Could offer some bippy, but it would have to be nonpippibippy, wouldn't it? I need to call my people. They'll let your people know. Then all the people will be happy!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger stray_thoughts said...

I don't know...Tina Yothers? I might wait for the dvd.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger tanagrame said...

I can't wait for the documentary version...

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said...

For Stray Cats...I'd like to explain Tina Yothers.
Cheryl and Segue and some other folk shared which celebrities they were told they looked like over the years. In high school, there was this asshole boyfriend of a friend who always ALWAYS, I mean FREAKING ALWAYS called me Tina Yothers..."You know...that chick from Family Ties."
I had fake blonde hair then, but still!

So we can scrap Tina from the project now...
I think Abishag should play me instead.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said...

NOT STRAY CATS! STRAY THOUGHTS!!

God, I need a drink. The movie business is just too much pressure.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger stray_thoughts said...

No offense taken...
a stray's a stray.

As for your issues with Tina Yothers, I don't think you need to worry...you don't look anything like her. Though the ex-boyfriend should still be slapped for suggesting it.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger tanagrame said...

I don't know if I can get it on with a man-sized catfish, even IF the voice over was done by Benicio Del Toro. Let's leave it to Yothers. She's been needing a major motion picture role for quite some time...come think of it, has she EVER had a major film role?

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Thanks for letting me off the hook, Stray Thoughts.
Assuming Tina Yothers isn't considered incredibly attractive, (cannot get her South Park depiction out of my head!) I am glad to be disassociated.

Abishag...are you SURE? What if we put Benicio into a fish suit?? Would that cause Trebone to go on a binge?

I so want to party with you guys (in a mature, grown-up responsible way).
So when's it gonna be??

Okay...gonna go read about dolphin love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home